The BEST Healthy Spaghetti Ever!
In case some of you are new to my personal blog, I have lost 120 pounds over the last 3 years. I did this by gradually changing my diet into a permanent healthy one, and by exercising 4 times a week. I have been overweight since 7 years old, and trust me, there’s NO magic pill or easy way to lose weight. (I’ll do more tips on what I’ve done in the coming months :)) With me being Italian, I loooooove pasta! But pasta doesn’t love my thighs. So I had to alter how I made my spaghetti so it was thigh friendly and still tasted good. This is as healthy as I could get it, and it really does taste amazing! I hope you like the recipe Stay happy and healthy, and good luck in your weight loss journey! xoxo, Marlena
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large one
- 4-5 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 1 jar prego sauce – three cheese flavor
- 1 jar prego sauce – tomato basil flavor
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbs sundried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 box rice noodles (or whatever type of noodles you like)
- Chop onion, garlic, and mushrooms into small pieces and cook over medium heat until slightly soft
- Add ground turkey and cook until brown. Season with dried italian seasoning or Mrs Dash garlic and herb
- Lay pepperoni slices on paper towel and cook in microwave for 2 minutes until crisp. Crush into small pieces and add to ground turkey mixture.
- Add to mixture: sundried tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes, prego sauce, and chopped fresh basil. Simmer over low heat for 15 -30 min
- Boil noodles according to box directions.
- Spoon sauce over noodles, and enjoy your delicious and healthy spaghetti!!