Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
Unable to view this YouTube video? Try this mirror instead.
Hello healthy makeup geeks!
I’m sorry it’s been awhile since posting things on my personal blog, but it’s been the most chaotic few weeks I’ve had in a long time!
I wanted to share with you my new breakfast item that I eat everyday to keep me on my healthy lifestyle. I found that when I eat this breakfast sandwich, that I’m not nearly as hungry for lunch and feel more energized in the morning. It only requires a few ingredients and is SUPER easy to make
This adds up to about 300 calories which is a good amount for breakfast as you need the fuel for the day. But if you’d like to make it even healthier, cut out the jam and just use Pam spray instead of olive oil.
Have a very happy Monday!!
- Deli Meat – Your favorite kind I am using Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Chicken Breast
- Cheese – Sargento Ultra Thin Provolone
- Bread – I use Ezekiel low sodium bread because it’s organic and flourless which makes it gluten free but you can use whole wheat or any kind you prefer.
- Jam – This step is optional I am using apricot but you can use your favorite flavor.
How to Prepare
- Beat 1 egg or just the egg white in a small bowl until fluffy. Add a small amount of milk and beat until smooth. Just like making scrambled eggs.
- Add approximately ½ tsp granulate garlic to the egg and milk mixture. You can add as much as you like depending on how much you like garlic or for added flavor add some Mrs. Dash.
- Add a small amount, approximately ¼ tsp of the Grillmates Roasted Garlic and Herbs seasoning to the egg mixture and beat until all the seasonings are incorporated into the eggs and they are nice and fluffy.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, add a small amount of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or spray the pan with a non-stick spray like Pam. You want your pan to be relatively hot.
- Add the eggs to the pan and with a spoon or small spatula pull the egg away from the sides of the pan in toward the middle and keep cooking until the egg is completely done.
- While the eggs are cooking, you can toast your bread if it needs it. You don’t want you bread to be too soft or the hot eggs will make the bread soggy.
- Place the scrambled egg on the bread.
- Take your deli meat, you can choose whichever kind you like (I am using chicken) and place in the same pan that you cooked your eggs in, slightly brown 3-4 slices just to bring out the flavor. Place the warm meat on top of your egg.
- Now place a slice of the Sargento Provolone cheese or cheese of your choice on the meat and put the top of the bread on the sandwich.
- In the same pan again, spay your pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the sandwich in the pan allowing the bread to brown and cheese to melt. This will help bind the sandwich together.
- The last step to making this delicious sandwich is completely optional but you do really need to try this. Spread a thin layer of jam over the top piece of your bread. I am using an organic apricot jam but you can use a sugar free jam and any flavor you like. I promise, this is delicious and you really need to try it this way!
And there you have it, perfect quick and easy breakfast that happens to be just as delicious as it is healthy. Once you have made this it will quickly become a staple in your breakfast recipes. Bon Appétit!