Grilled Tilapia and Lemon Garlic Green Beans
I hope you’re having a great week so far and are enjoying your summer! I wanted to share with you what I eat many nights for dinner to lose weight: Grilled Tilapia with Green Beans. I eat this quite a bit as it’s super healthy, low in calories, and tasty (well, at least for me as I love green beans but if you have a favorite veggie, cook that instead )
- Season 1 or 2 Tilapia Fillets (I get the frozen ones from Costco) with Lemon Juice, Ground Black Pepper, and Mrs Dash Seasoning (I use the Lemon Pepper flavor)
- Grill or “fry” in a saute pan with some PAM cooking spray or slightest bit of Olive Oil
- Cook until flaky- usually about 4 minutes on each side on medium heat
- Once cooked, squeeze just a bit more lemon juice on top to keep it moist
Lemon Garlic Green Beans
- Wash and cut off the ends of 1-2 cups of fresh green beans
- Slightly steam them in a saute pan with 1/4 cup of water on medium heat(this will soften the rough exterior of the green beans)
- Once the water evaporates (usually 5 minutes), then add 1 lemon’s juice, ground black pepper, and fresh crushed garlic
- Saute on medium heat until green beans are cooked through- about 7 more minutes
- *If you like more seasoning, sprinkle on your favorite flavor of Mrs Dash. I use this brand as it has no salt…
Regardless of what I eat for dinner, I try to eat just protein and veggies- no carbs. I do this because carbs are a source of energy, so should be reserved for earlier in the day when your body has time to naturally use up that energy.
Do whatever healthy eating works best for you! I eat low carb as my body does not lose weight easily when I eat a high carb diet. When I do eat carbs, I stick to rice and red potato products- no refined starches of any sort like white bread, crackers, or pretzels.
That’s just what has worked for me I have 30 more pounds to lose, so let’s see what we can do together! What are your weight loss goals? What’s your favorite foods to eat?
I hope you’re staying healthy and keeping happy too. Have a wonderful week!