3 Summer Outfits for the Curvy Girl
Unable to view this YouTube video? Try this mirror instead.
Happy weekend, makeup geeks! I’ve had many of you asking for more outfit videos for the curvy girl, so I wanted to just show you what I’ve been wearing this summer
We women come in all sorts of shapes and sizes- it’s ALL beautiful! There’s just certain tricks in flattering your body type. I have a pear shaped body (yay for bootylicious girls! haha), so I wear certain outfits that help balance out my shape.
Here’s just a few tips on this body type:
- Wear dresses that are cinched in at the waist. This will make your waist look smaller and draw attention away from the hips and legs.
- If you wear capris, always wear heels. This will elongate your legs and make them look slimmer. If I want to wear flats, I will wear with full length jeans so my legs don’t appear shorter like they do with capris.
- Wear darker colors on bottom, and brighter/lighter colors on top. Again, this draws the eye upwards to the ladies instead of the hips
- Black Floral Dress: Amazon
- Guess Denim Jacket: Guess
- Bracelets: Forever 21
- Earrings: Old Navy
- Black Heels: Aldo (from last year, so are discontinued )
- Not Your Daughter’s Jeans Capris: Macys
- White Lace Camisole: Express
- Checkered Button Up Shirt (I bought in Paris)
- Steve Madden Red Wedges: Zappos
- Necklace: Forever 21
- Bracelet: Express
- Not Your Daughter’s Jeans: Macys
- Coral Camisole: Express
- Lace Jacket: Charlotte Russe
- Jessica Simpson Slingback Heels: Macys
- Coral Bead Necklace (can’t remember where I bought- sorry )
- Gold Bracelet: Macys